Monday, March 31, 2008

What difference an edit makes?

So I decided to try and edit one of my pictures to have an all white background just to see what kind of difference it would make. I thought it was really interesting. Here are my results.



I thought it would be fun to see them side by side. It wasn't too hard to do it, and might be worth it....I'm not sure. It was kinda time consuming to go around the bunny to make sure that it was all very clean, and I'm not sure I did the best job. But it was just a quickie experiment to see what difference it would make.


What do you guys think? Is it worth the time and effort to white out the background (if you don't have a light box) Or is the bunny too shadowy anyway and it's wasted effort? Let me know your thoughts.


Chureen

2 comments:

JustAnotherDay said...

on first glance, the bunny on the left looks more appealing. Maybe the stark white background is a bit much for the item. Especially since the bunny is bright yellow.

Kellybot said...

I think the bunny on the left looks fine. If it were me, I probably would spend all that time removing the background. Have you tried putting him on a background with more contrast? Darker, blue, purple, etc?